Simon Madorsky, MD
Medical Director and Founder Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery Center
Patients benefit directly from the variety of specialized surgeons at the Appearance Center of Newport Beach. Our surgeons are listed among the most reputable and premier physicians in Orange County and are sought after by patients around the world. The comprehensive experiences and advanced training of our surgeons is demonstrated by their commitment to excellence and ability to produce seemingly natural results.
At the Appearance Center of Newport Beach every effort will be made to make your experience as pleasant as possible. We offer the assurance of medical excellence with our state-of-the-art facility and medical staff. Our surgical suites are equipped with medical innovations including advanced instrumentation, microscopic cameras, lasers, and HD flat-screen monitors for up-close intraoperative viewing of images. Our accredited facility symbolizes our commitment to providing the highest quality health care while exceeding our compliance with JCAHO standards.
Simon Madorsky, MD
Medical Director and Founder
Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery
The Appearance Center is known as Orange County's leading facial plastic surgery center because of our highly knowledgeable, skilled staff members. We understand that our patients need guidance and treatment from the best experts in the field to achieve the beautiful and healthy neck and facial skin results that they desire. With more than 20 years of experience of combined private and group practice, Dr. Simon Madorsky has the knowledge and skills required for accurate and individualized treatment of a patient's unique skin care needs.
Education and Training
- Pre-Med Undergraduate Studies, Rice University
- Medical Training, Baylor College of Medicine
- Internship, General Surgery at University, California, Irvine
- Residency, Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, Irvine
- Fellowship, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University
Certifications and Licensing
- Board Certified Surgeon, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS)
- Board Certified Surgeon, Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, American Board of Otolaryngology (ABO)
- Licensed Operator and Supervisor, Superficial Radiation Therapy
Awards and Honors
- Physicians of Excellence Award, Orange County Medical Association (2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013)
- Member, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- Past Member, Affiliated Physicians' Physician Leadership Committee, St. Joseph Hospital (2004)
- Past Member, Governing Board, Newport Plaza Surgery Center (2009)
- Chairman, Department of Otolaryngology, Western Medical Center Santa Ana (1999-2001)
- Chairman, EENT Department, St. Joseph Hospital (2006-2007)
Interests and Specialties
- Nasal Reconstruction and Rhinoplasty
- Complex Reconstructions
- High Risk Cancers
Dr. Madorsky studies and uses the latest treatment techniques, including several non-invasive and invasive skin cancer treatments that are not readily available elsewhere, such as Photodynamic Therapy (PDT). The Appearance Center is proud to have on staff a licensed radiotherapy specialist that can provide this cutting-edge cancer treatment:
Skin cancers are the most commonly diagnosed and preventable cancers. Also known as Phototherapy, Photoradiation Therapy and Photochemotherapy, PDT offers patients one of the least scar-causing options for treating cancerous skin lesions and cells, killing precancerous cells and preventing future lesions.
PDT incorporates the use of a rub-on photosensitizing medication known as Aminolevulinic Acid (Levulin Kerastick) that activates to kill cancerous and precancerous cells when exposed to a special blue light. A patient receives the skin-penetrating medication 24 hours before the procedure to achieve the best absorption results. On the day of treatment, the patient receives blue light exposure for approximately 15 minutes. The chemical in the medication sometimes help kill the cells of blood vessels feeding cancer.
Dr. Madorsky supports the use of PDT for treatment of various types of skin cancers because it is one of the least invasive and affordable treatments available. It also has limited side effects. Patients typically experience stinging and itching sensations that are easily treated with numbing and pain medications and application area light sensitivity.
Dr. Madorsky's excellent skills have proven so valuable in his local community that several hospitals partner with him, including:
- St. Joseph Hospital, Orange
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach
These partnerships guarantee that Dr. Madorsky's patients have available to them more than one choice for necessary off-site diagnostic testing and procedures.
Many of Dr. Madorsky's patients cannot immediately travel to our location at Fashion Island, Newport Beach in Orange County. Some live in other California counties, states and even other countries.
Dr. Madorsky recognizes that out-of-region patients seeking help from the Appearance Center have likely already tried one or more dermatology specialists without positive results. For this reason, he provides live video consultation services that allow patients in other areas of the country and world to show him their skin care concerns before making the difficult decision to travel long distance for treatment.
Whether you have experienced a sudden skin change or major injury, you should never delay evaluation and treatment as delays can make certain conditions harder to treat or worsen any injury-related damage. Arrange a video or an on-site consultation with Dr. Simon Madorsky today by contacting the Appearance Center at (949) 200-1615.